Coastal and Marine Processes Commission
Dr Craig Sloss
Queensland University of Technology
Oregon State University
University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo, Tokyo 113-0033
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
Early Career Rep
Dr. Alistair Clement. Email. Massy University of New Zealand.
Advisory board members
Till Hanebuth; Helmut Bruckner; Teresa Bardaji; Cari Zazo; Javier Lario; Vaughn Barric; Kim Cohen; David Smith; Ed Garret; Vanessa Heyvaet.
At present the CMP is sponsoring one International Focus Group and one project:
- PALSEA2 (PALeo-constraints on SEA-level rise 2): PALSEA2 is an International Focus Group focused on using past changes in sea level and Earth’s cryosphere to constrain future sea-level rise in response to climate change.
- MEDFLOOD project: MEDiterranean sea-level change and projection for future FLOODing. MEDFLOOD is an interdisciplinary project launched in 2012 by a team of scientists working in fields concerned with Mediterranean sea-level change. The project aims to build a spatially explicit database of relative sea-level markers for the Mediterranean and to use this resource to model risk and help project future flooding in and around the Mediterranean basin.
Recent CMP updates, download by clicking the links below:
- December 2015 update
Other recent focus groups and projects sponsored by CMP include:
- Rapid environmental changes and human impact on continental shelves (SHELVES International Focus Group, 2012-2014).
- The Quaternary Contourite Log-book: a deep-water record(er) of variability in palaeoclimate, palaeoceanography and deep-water ecosystems (Project, 2011-2013).
- WAQUA: Implications of palaeoclimatic and sea level changes on coastal evolution: are humans adapting? (Skills Enhancement, 2013).
The CMP 2012 President's report is available for downloading here
The CMP 2011 intercongress report is available for downloading here